The Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean UBAMA 8 update has been released for the newly announced Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082L is now availabel for download. Many users around the world has updated their devices with the Panama already using OTA updates. Today we are going to tell you how to Update your Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082 to Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean with this tutorial post.
Android 4.1.2 UBAMA8 Firmware Details:
Date: January, 2013
Before trying to install this update we want you to strictly follow these points.
- You should have a Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082L, don’t try this on any other Galaxy grand model or any other device.
- Check model number in Settings>> About Phone.
- You must be assure that your battery is charged at least 80%.
- Backup all your important data because this update will wipe all the data stored in your phone.
- Make sure you have the USB drivers installed.
Now download the Following 2 files .
- Android 4.1.2 I9082LUBAMA8 for Galaxy Grand GT-I9082L
- Odin 3.07
Now follow these steps to update your Galaxy Grand.
How to Update Galaxy Grand I9082L to I9082LUBAMA8 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Official Firmware
- Extract Firmware zip file that you downloaded already from above link, you will get a .tar.md5 file and some other files.
- Extract Odin zip file and you will get Odin3 v3.07.exe along with few other files.
- Power off your phone. Wait 5-6 seconds for vibration to confirm complete switch off.
- Now, put the Galaxy Grand I9082L phone in Download Mode by pressing pressing and holding down the Volume Down and Home buttons while pressing the Power button. A Warning! screen will come up; press Volume Up buttonto enter Download Mode.
- Now run Odin3 v3.07.exe (see Step 2) as an Administrator because Admin privileges is required to complete the process smoothly.
- Now connect your Galaxy Grand GT-I9082L with your PC using USB cable. A message will arrive under Odin’s message box in the bottom left saying “Added!!”. If you don’t get the same then you should try another USB port (try USB port located in back in your desktop PC). If that too don’t work then you should then reinstall the driver. If you successfully see the “Added!!” message in Odin then you are ready to go in next step. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if you successfully added your device.
- Select these files in Odin at respective buttons from extracted I9082LUBAMA8 firmware folder :In Odin window, make sure Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time checkboxes are selected. Also, make sure that Re-Partition checkbox is selected, only if you are using a .pit file (see Step 7.4).
- Click the PDA Button, and select the .tar file here with *code* appearing in its name
- Click the Phone Button, and select file with *modem* in its name (leave it blank if there is no such file)
- Click the CSC Button, and select file with *csc* in its name (leave it blank if there is no such file)
- Click the PIT Button, and select the .pit file. Use only if you got it while extracting in step 1 above, otherwise ignore it.
- Double check everything that we mentioned in Step 7 & Step 8 above. Now, once satisfied hit the START button to begin the flashing process.
- Once flashing completed, your phone will restart and soon you will see a PASS message with green background in the left-most box at the very top of the Odin. You can now unplug the USB cable to disconnect your device from computer.
Congrats! Your Galaxy Grand, model number I9082L should now run on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean build UBAMA8. Go toSettings > About phone to verify this firmware update.