You might have come up with this error message while restoring, upgrading or downgrading your Apple iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS. This error has been found on other Apple products as well including iPad 1,2 & 3 or iPod touch on all versions of iOS including iOS 4.x, 5.x and iOS 6.x with its all updates included. It doesn’t matter you are using iTunes on Windows or Mac platform it will struck you with surprise. We come up with some tweaking tips to get rid of these messages.
There are more than one options to fix these errors in iTunes. Many users have been reported uninstalling the iTunes and re-installing it back didn’t solved the issue so we guess not to indulge in that scenario. However Updating the iTunes to the latest version may help in solving these errors but it’s been noted that the issue varies with different Apple products.
We come up with 3 different options to solve these errors.
How To Fix iTunes Error 1604,1600, 1601, 1602
- You should consider to change USB-ports.
- Using a different dock connector to USB cable.
- Make sure that you are using the actual USB or the original.
- Make sure that you are connecting directly to the white Apple USB dock connector cable.
- Download the update for your iTunes if the latest one is available.
If the issue still appears try the 2nd procedure
2nd Procedure :
1- In this procedure you have to connect your device to iTunes, then put your device in Recovery Mode. using the steps below
- Connect your USB cable into your computer.
- Turn your iPhone off by holding the power button down until you see “slide to power off”.
- Now hold the Home button while reconnecting the USB cable to your iPhone. After iPhone is connected it should power on the device.
- Continue holding the Home button, you will see the Apple logo appear and then finally a “Connect to iTunes” will be displayed, now is the time to release the Home button.
Hope these procedures helped in tackling the issue. If you are still having the same issue, than reply to the post.