The developers at Samsung seems to be ready to announce the next Android update for the Samsung Galaxy S III, which has been reported under process. But we luckily got the leaked version of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean which is the latest Android version yet. Thanks to SamMobile.com for posting this leaked version of the Android for the Galaxy SIII users who have been waiting for it quite so long now.
The best news is that there are many new Samsung Galaxy S4 features have been integrated with this update and your Galaxy S III will come up loaded with all the new features that you can expect. But first you have to install this latest Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 firmware which has been just got leaked hours ago and have been posted on SamMobile since then for every Galaxy SIII user.
We have gathered list full of features that you can expect after installing this new Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 firmware on your Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with all its official core features like lock screen widgets, daydream, notification actions etc.
- New S4 Lockscreen with different un-lock effects and some other tweaks
- New Adapt Display and Professional Photo screen modes from S4
- S4-style Tabbed Settings interface
- S4’s new S-Voice and voice controls for several phone features
- S4 and Note II-style full-screen Samsung apps
- New Smart Switch widget
- Driving mode
And we can expect many more features.
How to Download and Install Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy SIII.
One thing you should keep in mind is that it’s not yet the complete version of the updated Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware which most probably will be available later. This is actually a leaked internal testing build version which may have some glitches or some minor errors which needed to be fixed by the developers.
Anyways if you decided to give it a ride then you should need following tools.
- A Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300). which is the International version.
- Download Leaked Version of Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 ROM for Galaxy S III.
- Download Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- Download Odin 3.07.
Now when you are ready with your tools all well placed you have to follow the procedure to update your Galaxy S III with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III.
- Take a backup of any data that you might need in case you later need to do a factory reset. This includes any data you might have on your internal SD card.
- Download the ROM’s package and extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to your computer.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers, if they aren’t already installed.
- Power your phone off and boot it into download mode by holding Home and Volume-down buttons while powering it back on.
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect your phone to it via USB. You should get a blue indicator sign on Odin.
- Click ‘PDA’ in Odin and select the I9300XXUFME3_I9300OJKFME1_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Leave everything as it is, and especially make sure that Repartition is unchecked.
- Click ‘Start’ to begin flashing, and wait for the process to finish.
If you follow these instructions above you will surely come up with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean up and running on your Galaxy S III. Stay tuned and follow us on Twitter, Facebook or Google + to know the latest tips and tricks plus the news from tech world.
Images and Link Source: SamMobile