Today we will teach you how to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 loaded with Android 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean which we have posted in one of our tutorial a couple of weeks ago. The custom Android 4.2.2 ROM was basically a leaked version of the Official ROM which has been loaded with specific Samsung TouchWiz User Interface and is expected to be announced later this month. But still you are one of us who have loaded this latest Android 4.2.2 on your Samsung Galaxy S3 even before the company offers you the official version, then no need to get worry. As we have tested and tried and found this Android 4.2.2 leaked ROM 100% working.
This leaked ROM was for Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 which is also known as the International version of the Samsung Galaxy S3. After you have tried and tested your newly loaded features in this latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean version, but you still feel to root your device to access most of its hidden features, and if you wonder what I am talking about you should read “Why to root your Android Device?“. Now we will let you know how to root your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 International version loaded with the latest leaked Androoid 4.2.2 XXUFME3 Jelly Bean ROM. Just follow these steps.
How to Root Samsung Galaxy S3 on Android 4.2.2 XXUFM3 Jelly Bean:
You should follow the procedure step by step in order to root your Galaxy S3 device properly.
Tools needed for this whole procedure.
- Download Odin 3.04 or 3.07 which is latest version.
- Download CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip file
- Unzip the CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.zip file into your PC directory to get CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5
Now when you have your tools ready and most importantly your *.tar.md5 file unzipped and ready you can move along. Now follow these steps in order to root your Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 on Android 4.2.2
- Your phone must not be connected with your pC
- Start Odin 3-vx.x.exe ( any version you downloaded from the given link)
- Now put your Galaxy S3 into Download mode and for that you have to hold Volume Down+ Home + Power buttons all together for 2-3 seconds until your device resets in ODIN Mode, in next screen it will ask you to press VolumeUP button to continue just press it.
- Now connect your Galaxy S3 with your PC with the help of USB Cable.
- When Galaxy S3 connects The COM port will show up in the top left corner of the Odin Screen.
- Now Just click to check on PDA option and select the unzipped CF-Auto-Root-m0-m0xx-gti9300.tar.md5 file and load it.
- Make sure you screen looks like this with Auto Reboot and F.Reset time options checked. Repartition must not be checked.
- When you have all things set as shown in the above image. Press Start.
- It will take 20-30 seconds depends on your device, and your device will be rooted.
- When your device restarts it will show a SuperSU app which is actually Super User # app.
Congratulations !! you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 International Variant loaded with latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
**NOTE: Sometimes the device does *not* boot into recovery mode and root your device. Just do the entire procedure again if this happens. If it still will not install root and such, make sure that in Odin “Auto Reboot” is not checked. Then after flashing, pull the battery, and boot with Vol Up+Home+Power button to boot into recovery manually. This will start the install process.
Hope you will find this Tutorial Helpful. Please share it with your friends by clicking the share buttons below, and do follow us on Twitter,Facebook or Google+.