Samsung has officially stopped updating its famous Flagship device the Samsung Galaxy S2 which set the standards in Android markets. The last Android updated for this Galaxy S2 was the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean and it hasn’t got any update till then. But most of you know that the Galaxy S2 is still a powerful device capable of running Android’s latest update as well.
In this regard some third party ROM developers have cooked some special recipe for Samsung Galaxy S2 to get the latest taste of Android 4.4 KitKat on the old device. Some of the members of the famous XDA-developers community have just uploaded the custom ROM based on the latest Android 4.4 KitKat for Galaxy S2, which will give your old Galaxy SII brand new looks and feels. There is this unofficial CM11 ROM which has been developed for the Galaxy S2 GT-I9100 International version. The ROM has been named as the CM11 Pound ROM, the CM stands for the Latest CyanogenMod 11.
In this tutorial we will guide you how to flash this custom CM 11 Pound ROM based on Android 4.4 KitKat to your Galaxy S2 I9100 running on any previous Android version. All you have to do is follow these steps given below.
**Your must be sure that you have the International variant of the Samsung Galaxy S2, Model number GT-I9100. In case if you have any other model like the one from AT&T, Verizon, Sprint etc than you should NOT flash it with this custom ROM it will stuck your device. In order to confirm your Galaxy S2 Model number you should uncover it and pull out the battery to see the Model number.
** Root your device and Install Custom Recovery. CWM Recovery. After this make sure to backup your device, because in flashing process you can loose all your important data. So make sure to backup all your Media, Contacts, Messages, call logs etc.
** Make sure that your phone is charged 80% minimum as the flashing process can take longer which can result in to faster battery drainage and your phone can go dead.
How to install Android 4.4 KitKat ROM on Galaxy S2:
- First of all Download the Android 4.4 KitKat Unofficial CM 11 POUND Rom from this link. [ KitkKat4.4 POUND ROM GS2].
- The file is in zip format copy and paste it to your Phone’s SD card.
- Now boot your device in CWM Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Home + Power Key for 5 seconds until the screen goes dark, Now the device will be CWM Recovery mode.
- Once you are in CWM mode you must select “Install zip> choose zip from SD card ” the file that you have just placed in SD card.
- Click on Yes and it will start the installation. The installation will take short time once completed you can reboot your device.
- You will see the new ROM’s logo once the device will reboot.
That’s it you have the Custom CM 11 ROM running on Android 4.4 KitKat for your Samsung Galaxy S2. Enjoy the pleasure of the latest Android version on your Galaxy S II.
In case if you stuck in the bootloop or your device keeps on rebooting again and again or if its stuck at the booting menu all you have to do is boot in CWM Recovery mode once again by holding Volume up + Home + Power Key. Go to Wipe cache and it will not stuck any more once it is rebooted afterwards.
This is how to update your Galaxy S2 to Android 4.4 KitKat manually with the help of thie Pound ROM fro CM11.