Recently Samsung rolled out android 4.42 based firmware update for Samsung galaxy s4 mini LTE variant , this update is being rolled out to the world through OTA and Samsung KIES. If you still waiting for this update for your galaxy s4 mini LTE then you are at the right place , we shall end your waiting . We shall guide you how to manually update your galaxy s4 mini LTE variant to Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware (XXUCNH5). If you have a rooted device then after updating to official firmware you loose root access on your device. This new update brings some performance enhancements , bugs fixed and the drivers for new hardware.
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download XXUCNH5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware .
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy s4 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Install XXUCNH5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE I9195 :
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+home+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( Android 4.4.2 KitKat ).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file which have Code in his name, this file will be found in extract folder of XXUCNH5 Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware .
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will boot automatically, when you see the home screen unplug your smartphone.
That’s it you have successfully update your Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini LTE to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUCNH5 official firmware .