We saw few days back Samsung rolled out Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update for galaxy tab 3 7.0 , Samsung has skipped all jelly bean firmware updates and directly rolled out KitKat firmware update . Now Like few days back Samsung has done the same for galaxy Tab 3 10.1 again Samsung skipped all jelly bean updates and directly rolled out KitKat firmware update . With this new built you will enjoy new TouchWiz features , overall new experience to enjoy , performance enhancements with all new features . This update for galaxy tab 3 10.1 is roll out through OTA and Samsung KIES but if you are still waiting for this update to receive . We solve your problem today and guide you how to manually update your galaxy tab 3 10.1 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat .
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy tab 3 10.1 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Update Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 P5200 to XXUBNG2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware:
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume up+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( Android 4.4.2 KitKat ).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file which has CODE in his name , this file will be found in extract folder of Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware .
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots and when you see home screen unplug your tab from PC.