Samsung Galaxy S5 got an update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXu1ANH1 official firmware , when you update your smartphone to official firmware you loose root access of your device . Rooting an android device will give you full control of your device , you can do anything with your device . But be careful when you root your device you loose warranty of your device , also rooting device may result in a brick . Following is a guide on how to root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H running Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANH1 KitKat official firmware .
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download CF-Auto Root Package
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy S5 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Root Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H Running XXU1ANH1 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware:
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+home+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( CF-Auto Root ).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file CF-Auto-Root-k3g-k3gxx-smg900h.tar.md5 , this file will be found in extract folder of CF-Auto Root Package .
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots in recovery mode and install the root files .