Samsung rolled another Android 4.4.2 KitKat firmware update , this update brings some new apps and features and some performance improvements . We are expecting that Samsung will roll out Android 4.4.4 KitKat firmware, but Samsung rolled out this android 4.4.2 XXU1ANH4 firmware update . This update also fixes some bugs and glitches some new drivers also added in this firmware update . This update is roll out through OTA and Samsung KIES soon you will get this update on your Samsung Galaxy S5 , but if you don’t want to wait for this update . We are guiding you today how to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXu1ANH4 official firmware.
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware .
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy S5 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S5 G900F to XXU1ANH4 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware:
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+home+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( Android 4.4.2 KitKat).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file which has AP in his name , this file will be found in extract folder of Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots and when you see home screen unplug your device. .