We are expecting Android 4.4.4 KitKt firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S5 but Samsung has just rolled out another maintenance firmware update for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H Octa core variant. This update brings some bugs fixing , glitches will be removed and some performance improvements. This new Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANH1 KitKat is being rolled out through OTA and Samsung KIES , this update will soon reach your region . But if you don’t want to wait for this update then follow the guide below on how to manually update your Samsung galaxy S5 G900H to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXU1ANH1 official firmware .
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Firmware
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy s5 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Samsung Galaxy S5 G900H to XXU1ANH1 Android 4.4.2 Official Firmware:
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+home+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( Android 4.4.2 KitKat).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file which has AP in his name, this file will be found in extract folder of Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots and when you see home screen unplug your device.