Samsung one of the biggest smartphone makers have introduced dozens of smartphones in past quarters and this Galaxy Grand Prime is also one of them. Today we will let you know how to Root Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with the help of CF-Autoroot tool which has been lately used as an essential tool to root most of the Android devices running various Android versions. The Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime is regarded as the mid range device by Samsung housing a Quad core Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 processor clocking at 1.2 GHz.
It is supported with an Adreno 306 GPU and 1 GB of RAM. The device comes up with a 5 inches (~66.0% screen-to-body ratio) with a resolution of 540 x 960 pixels having 220 ppi pixel density. The Galaxy Grand Prime comes with an 8 megapixel rear and 5 megapixel front camera which is why it comes with the grandfie (Grand Selfie) term. Now we will let you know how to Root Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H.
First you should know what is rooting and why you should Root the device? When you Root any Android smartphone or Tablet, You will get the complete access to the data which has been locked by the smartphone manufacturer. By rooting your device you will remove all the factory restrictions and you can make internal system changes in the operating system.
This will help you install various apps or games that needs the root privilege to access the system files to enhance the performance of your device. This also help you get rid of any built in features, applications or programs from your Android device. You can add new modded applications, you can Flash custom recoveries and Custom ROMs as well. But in some cases, Some Android manufacturers void the warranty of such rooted devices. So before going further you should read this on the their official sites.
Pre –Requesties for Rooting Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H:
- This guide is made especially for Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H.
- To check device model, tap on Settings> More/ General> About Device. Check the Model number written there. If you have some other device. Stop right here.
- Make sure to have at least 60% charged battery so that your device stay alive during the whole rooting process.
- Backup Your data before Rooting your device. In some cases users have lost all their important data including SMS, Call Log, Contacts, Media files, Calendar etc.
- Make Sure that the USB Debugging Mode is enabled in the Developers menu under Settings option.
- Make sure to Turn off Samsung Kies and other software if you are Using ODIN 3.09 while doing the rooting of your device. As using Odin is the most recommended way of rooting or flashing a Samsung device.
- Last and most Important: We will not be responsible if your device stuck during the process or after it. So do it on your own risk. If you are a newbie, Read more rooting guides before trying this.
How To Root Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H:
First of all make sure to download these files needed to root Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H.
- Download the latest version of Odin, Odin 3 v3.09
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Download CF-Auto-Root files for the Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H
How to root Procedure:
- First of all Extract the CF-Auto-Root files to get the *.tar.md5 Files.
- Now open the Odin 3 v3.09.exe.
- Now turn your device Galaxy Grand Prime SM-G530H on Download mode by pressing and holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons all together for at least 10 seconds. If you see the warning notice press the Volume Up button now.
- Now Connect your Device Grand Prime with your PC.
- ID COM box will turn blue soon after your device will be detected on Odin 3.09. If not make sure to download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers given above.
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin3 v3.09 and add the CF-Auto-Root *.tar.md5 file.
- You can do the same by clicking on the PDA tab if you are using the Older version of Odin3, i.e Odin 3.07
- Make sure that your Odin3 V3.09 looks like this one in the screenshot below.
- Everything ready. Now Hit start and your device will get rooted automatically.
- You can find the SuperSu app on your device now.
- That’s it You have successfully Rooted your Grand Prime.
If you want to verify your device is rooted or not, You can download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store. Tap on the Root checker option in the app and then tap on Verify Root. It will ask for grant from SuperSU, tap on Grant. The message will appear that the Root Access is Verified Now! That’s it. Your device is Rooted now and you can customize it the way you want it to be.