The latest Android 8.0 Oreo update is now available for the Xiaomi Mi 3 & Mi4 devices. You can download the updated version of Android and install it on your Xiaomi phones. Its not the official Android 8.0 Oreo update but a 3rd party ROM made by a renowned ROM builder who got the AOSP source code right after the official release of the Android 8.0 Oreo update for the Google Nexus and Pixel devices. The Official build ID OPR6 was released for those devices.
The Xiaomi Mi3 is a mid range device with 5.0 full HD 1080p display having a 441 ppi pixel density. The device has a powerful Snapdragon 800 processor supported with 2 GB of RAM along with Adreno 330 GPU. So you can say it qualifies for the latest Android 8.0 Ore0 ROM. On the other hand the Xiaomi Mi4 got a little better specs sheet as compared to its predecessor. It comes with the same 5 inch Full HD 1080 p display but in smaller footprint. It has Snapdragon 801 along with 3 GB RAM in 64 GB internal memory variant with the same Adreno 330 GPU.
Released late last night, the community has reported that most major aspects of the phone are working as expected (such as the camera, WiFi, Bluetooth, sensors, etc. There is still some work that needs to be done to bring it up to par with other stable custom ROMs for the device, but this is a great first step for Android Oreo on the Mi 3 and the Mi 4. The developer has even put together an extensive FAQ for those who are looking to learn more about it.
Also Download: Android 8.0 Official Wallpapers, Ringtones and Notifications.
How to install Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on Xiaomi Mi3 and Mi4:
All you have to do is follow this simple step by step guide to successfully flash this Android 8.0 Oreo Cancro ROM on your Xiaomi Mi3 or even the newer Xiaomi Mi4. But before moving any further here is the Disclaimer Note: This whole guide is just for teaching purpose and we will not take any responsibility if you brick your phone while installing/ flashing this third party ROM on your device.
First of all make sure to download the ROM from here and copy it on your device, Best space to load the file is the external memory. Download Links below
Android 8.0 Oreo [aosp_r4][cancro ROM] : Link
Android 8.0 Oreo Supported Gapps: Link
Custom TWRP for Mi3 and Mi4 : Link
- First of all Download and install TWRP recovery on your Xiaomi Mi3 or Mi4 device, if its not been installed already.
- Once done, Restart your device in Recovery mode and then Wipe out Data and Cache one by one to make your device ready for this updated ROM.
- Once you wipe out all the data, you Must REBOOT your device.
- The device will boot in recovery mode again and if it doesn’t you have to do it manually.
- Now Simply go the the saved ROM zip file location and Flash it.
- Next Flash the Magisk Zip on your device.
- Later Flash the gapps Zip also on your device.
- Now wait for the flash to complete, once done you will see the recovery will reboot automatically.
- If it doesn’t boot normally you can boot it manually. One thing to be kept in mind, it will take longer for the first boot. In max cases it took from 5 to 15 minutes for these Xiaomi device.
- Once done you will see the new Android 8.0 Oreo Welcome screen.
- That’s it
Now once you have successfully flashed the latest Android 8.0 Oreo on your Xiaomi Mi3 or Mi4, you will face some issues of Keyboard non popping up when needed to enter the Google Account details. So better to skip all these steps and simply go to the home screen. To get this issue fixed you will need to download any 3rd party app and set it as default app.
Also Read: Android 8.0 Launcher Apk download
Hope this might help you. If you have any question you can simply comment below.