We came up with yet another Leaked Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean I9300 XXUFME7 firmware for Samsung Galaxy SIII International version which has been code-named as GT-I9300. This firmware has been tried and tested and found to be quite stable and fast as compared to the beta version leaked earlier this month. The Android 4.2.2 XXUFME7 firmware is still under testing phase and we haven’t found any new Galaxy S4 camera features or the Galaxy S4 apps like S-health etc on board with this leaked version. However we have tested the earlier version the XXFUME3 which showed up last month. That leaked firmware has been downloaded by many Samsung Galaxy S3 customization experts and found it running smooth and stable along with all latest Gapps ( Google Apps) which can be updated continuously without any tweak or trick.
The official update of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the Samsung Galaxy S III will be released later in July or early August. So it’s quite some time since than, but we love to offer the hardcore fans of Galaxy S3 to experiance the latest update even before it hits to their devices.
What is new in Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean Update:
- Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean with all its official core features like lock screen widgets, daydream, notification actions etc.
- New S4 Lockscreen with different un-lock effects and some other tweaks
- New Adapt Display and Professional Photo screen modes from S4
- S4-style Tabbed Settings interface
- S4’s new S-Voice and voice controls for several phone features
- S4 and Note II-style full-screen Samsung apps
- New Smart Switch widget
- Driving mode
You can expect many more new minor additions when you will explore your device more. Now we will let you know how to get this latest Android 4.2.2 for your Samsung Galaxy S3 and install it without getting in any trouble.
How to Download and Install Jelly Bean on your Samsung Galaxy SIII:
The Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for international Galaxy S3 variant the GT-I9300, is still in Beta testing phase so you may expect some minor glitches or errors once you downloaded and injected it in your device. The XXUFME7 however been found much more stable and no apps have been found creating any problem with this beta version of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
Anyways if you decided to give it a ride then you should need following tools.
- A Samsung Galaxy S III (GT-I9300). which is the International version.
- Download Leaked Version of Android 4.2.2 XXUFME7 ROM for Galaxy S III. The file is hosted on Hotfile with the size of 912.4MB
- Download Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers.
- Download Odin 3.07.
Now when you are ready with your tools all well placed you have to follow the procedure to update your Galaxy S III with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 XXUFME7 firmware on Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300:
- The most important thing is that you must make sure that your Phone Battery is full charged. Because power shortage during the installation can ends up in bricking your phone.
- Take a backup of any data that you might need in case you later need to do a factory reset. This includes any data you might have on your internal SD card.
- Download the ROM’s package and extract the contents of the downloaded zip file to your computer.
- Download and install Samsung USB drivers, if they aren’t already installed.
- Power your phone off and boot it into download mode by holding Home and Volume-down buttons while powering it back on.
- Launch Odin on your computer and connect your phone to it via USB. You should get a blue indicator sign on Odin.
- Click ‘PDA’ in Odin and select the I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300XXUFME7_HOME.tar.md5 file.
- Leave everything as it is, and especially make sure that Re-partition is unchecked.
- Click ‘Start’ to begin flashing, and wait for the process to finish.
If you follow these instructions above you will surely come up with the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean up and running on your Galaxy S III. You can root your Galaxy SIII device by reading this guide out (Root Galaxy S3).
The Firmware details:
Android Version: 4.2.2 – JDQ39 (Jelly Bean)
Region: Open Europe
Changelist: 702147 (Previous leak: I9300XXUFME3 = 611730)
Build Date: 21 May 2013 ( as posted on )
You can enjoy the latest version of the Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean on your favorite Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300. If you find any problems in installation our you find any errors afterwards you can simply comment below and we will love to solve those issues. For more such tweaks stay tuned and follow us on Facebook or to know the latest tips and tricks plus the news from tech world. Meanwhile find out what you can have on your Galaxy SIII after upgrading it to Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.,