Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos got an update of Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware , but when you update to official firmware you loose root access on your device . Rooting a device will give you more pleasure than a stock firmware , when you root your device you get full access of your android device . Android devices are limited when they run stock firmware but when you have a rooted device you can do anything with your device . Delete stock apps , install custom firmware , install third party apps which you can not install on stock firmware . Today we guide you how to root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos running Android 4.4.2 XXUBNH6 official firmware .
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy grand duos 2 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Root Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos G7102 Running XXUBNH6 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware:
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( CF-Auto Root ).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file CF-Auto-Root-ms013g-ms013gxx-smg7102.md5 , this file will be found in extract folder of CF-Auto Root Package .
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots in recovery mode and install the root files .