Any parent will surely agree – online is a dangerous place to be! While it is a good thing that you can talk to family and friends, watch videos, play games, and do a plethora of other things when you are connected to the internet, it can also be potentially unsafe, especially for the little ones.
To make the internet safer, parental control software is to the rescue. Among others, one of the most popular options worth considering is mSpy.
If it’s your first time hearing about the latter, you are most probably wondering – does mSpy really work? That is the question we’ll be answering in this article. We will look at its features and talk about what other people are saying in mSpy reviews 2020 currently available online.
What is mSpy?
mSpy is a cellphone tracker that can help you monitor your kids remotely wherever they are. It has advanced monitoring features, including those that are listed below:
- Calls and Texts: It will let you monitor all incoming calls and texts. For the calls, you can see the duration of the call, the number of the caller, and a timestamp. For the messages, they can be read and recovered even if they have been deleted from the phone.
- Web History: Like most of the parental control apps, you can also monitor web history. This is a great way to understand the behaviors of your child. You can see even the searches that are made in private browsing mode.
- Social Media: From Facebook to Instagram, mSpy can monitor some of the most popular social media platforms. This will let you know what your kids are posting online to avoid problems like cyberbullying.
- Media Files: Aside from monitoring online activities, you can also view the media files that are stored in the gadget being monitored. These will include photos and videos, among others.
- GPS Tracking: With mSpy, you will know where exactly your child is. You won’t be paranoid if they are not replying to your messages or answering your calls. You can also see the location history.
- Geofencing: You will also have an option to set a geofence. This will allow you to set safe boundaries. If your kids go beyond the location boundary you set, then you will receive immediate notification.
How Does mSpy Work?
For mSpy to work, the most obvious thing that you need to do is to have it downloaded. Once it is installed, it will collect the necessary data from the device you wish to monitor. Then, in the Control Panel, you can see the information that will let you monitor the online activity of your child. However, there should be an internet connection for monitoring to take place.
Before anything else, make sure of the compatibility of the device. mSpy will not work if the device being monitored is not supported. It supports Android 4 and above. For iOS users, on the other hand, it supports 7 to 8.4 and 9.1 with jailbreak. Meanwhile, without jailbreak, it supports iOS 7+. Check out the website of mSpy where you can conveniently verify if your device is supported by this parental control software.
Take note that you will need physical access to the phone that you wish to monitor. This is necessary to complete the installation. The good thing is that in the case of most devices, there is no need for rooting. This will simplify the installation process.
It is also worth mentioning that once it is installed, it will be undetectable. This means that your child will not know that he or she is being monitored. To do this, make sure to choose the option to hide the icon.
Is mSpy Legal?
Before using mSpy, many of you are most probably concerned about its legality. In theory, it is like spying on the person being monitored which is why some might assume that it is illegal.
The good news is that mSpy is legal. However, you need to meet certain conditions to ensure its legality. For instance, it is only for monitoring underage children or for employees. You are responsible to meet the requirements set. However, the company cannot provide legal assistance. Contact a legal counsel if you are unsure.
Benefits and Drawbacks of mSpy
Now, we’ll walk you through the things that you can experience when you use mSpy. Among others, one of the best things is that it is easy to use. It has a user-friendly interface, which will be effortless to navigate. From the installation of the app to tweaking its settings, you will not have a hard time. It won’t take a long time before you can start monitoring.
As mentioned earlier, mSpy is packed with plenty of features, making it beneficial in more ways than one. From location tracking to social media monitoring, you can expect plenty of impressive features.
Another thing that you will love in this product is their round-the-clock customer support. Whenever there is a problem, you don’t have to end up figuring things on your own. If you need help, someone will be immediately available. Customer support is available 24/7. You can contact their representatives through chat if you want an immediate response. To add, the software is available in eight languages.
Despite the good things, there are also several drawbacks, which might give you second thoughts in choosing this parental control software. One thing that most people did not like is how it supports only a single device. They are offering three main plans. At first, they might seem affordable. However, when you consider the fact that it supports only one device, it is expensive.
So, Does mSpy Work?
With all the things mentioned above, there’s one question we have yet to answer. Does mSpy work? YES, mSpy works! It is one of the most popular parental apps you can see in the market today. Sure, there are a few problems. Nonetheless, the benefits outweigh the costs. So, if you want to have control of your kid’s online behavior while also having peace of mind, mSpy can extend a helping hand!