A couple of weeks ago Apple has released the first beta version of the iOS 8.1 with some necessary changes and as usual we have uploaded the iOS 8.1 beta 1 links on our site. After a week developers at Apple released the 2nd beta version and now finally we have our hands on the first stable released of the iOS 8.1. This is the iOS 8.1 final version and is loaded with new features that you would love to add on your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch.
The devices with iOS 8.0.1 or iOS 8.0.2 can be updated automatically to iOS 8.1 as the latest version of the operating system is available with OTA update and the update is already rolled out. While the users who want a manual update to their previous version of iOS, can download the iOS 8.1 Final ipsw files from the links given below for their devices as enlisted.
In this newly updated version of the OS, there are tons of new features added, but the most talked about features includes the Health Kit, Third Party Keyboard, HomeKit to control the iOS compatible Home devices, The most talked about Interactive Notifications, New features for Siri, new Spotlight search options, Newly designed improved Camera and Gallery app, New messaging service and Family sharing. The good news is all these features have been added in the newly leaked iOS 8.1 Beta 1 version of the OS.
In this case we have come up with some 3rd party Direct Download links for iOS 8.1 IPSW version which may help you to download it directly to your PC and hence you can inject them to your iDevice using the iTunes by following some simple steps given in the guide at the end of the post. This may sound a good news for all the users who has the iOS 7 jailbreak devices. They can download the iOS 8.1 ipsw file from the links and can update their device accordingly.
Keep in mind that all the links given below are the leaked files from the iOS developer site. As we do not host any of the ipsw files given below. So if you want to carry on updating your device with these links, AxeeTech admin would not be responsible for this.”Try at your Own RISK!”
Here is the official feature of iOS 8.1:
- Apple Pay support for iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus (U.S. only)
- Photos includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds iCloud Photo Library as a beta service
- Adds Camera Roll album in Photos app and My Photo Stream album when iCloud Photo Library is not enabled
- Provides alerts when running low on space before capturing Time Lapse videos
- Messages includes new features, improvements and fixes
- Adds the ability for iPhone users to send and receive SMS and MMS text messages from their iPad and Mac
- Resolves an issue where search would sometimes not display results
- Fixes a bug that caused read messages to not be marked as read
- Fixes issues with group messaging
- Resolves issues with Wi-Fi performance that could occur when connected to some base stations
- Fixes an issue that could prevent connections to Bluetooth hands-free devices
- Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working
- Adds an option to select between 2G, 3G or LTE networks for cellular data
- Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play
- Adds AirDrop support for Passbook passes
- Adds an option to enable Dictation in Settings for Keyboards, separate from Siri
- Enables HealthKit apps to access data in the background
- Accessibility improvements and fixes
- Fixes an issue that prevented Guided Access from working properly
- Fixes a bug where VoiceOver would not work with 3rd party keyboards
- Improves stability and audio quality when using MFi Hearing Aids with iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus
- Fixes an issue with VoiceOver where tone dialing would get stuck on a tone until dialing another number
- Improves reliability when using handwriting, Bluetooth keyboards and Braille displays with VoiceOver
- Fixes an issue that was preventing the use of OS X Caching Server for iOS updates
Direct links to iOS 8.1 final ipsw files:
That’s it, You can learn more about How to install iOS 8.1 1On your device by visiting this link. Moreover you can follow us on , Facebook or to remain updated about the future firmware updates expected in near future.