Well readers this article is about the ASUS phone recovery, ASUS has introduced Zenfone 2 and I’ll tell you how to boot into Zenfone 2 recovery mode, but before that for those who don’t know why we enter in to the recovery mode let me instruct the use of recovery mode. It is basically used for installing system updates and factory resetting your handset; we do also have custom recoveries like TWRP and CWM and the advantage is that with these you can even install ROMs of your own choice and mods too.
Another big advantage of these is that you can always make a backup of your device data and if the phone software issue occurs or due to some other reason your phone shuts down forever you will be having the data secured and this could be backed up.
Now the question arises that how would you reboot your device well there are several ways through its own buttons of volume and power combination and others through software. This method can be used for Recovery Mode Booting of other Asus smartphones as well. The Asus ZenFone 2 however a better hardware recovery mode shortcut then the previous version of the smartphone.
Now this method would always work for you it is through the combination of your own handsets hardware buttons.
- First of all for your own handsets safety turn your mobile off and wait for 5 to 10 seconds
- Now press and hold Volume up and power button and release the power button as soon as the mobile vibrates.
- You will see two options now the first would be normal boot and the second would be recovery boot, you have to press on recovery boot, to select the recovery boot option navigate with volume buttons
- Now you will see the green background screen now press volume up and power button to enter into recovery mode.
This method is by using Android Bridge Debug this is used to send the terminal commands to an Android device using PC command line. ADB is an alternative method in case your hardware buttons are not working then this method can be used as an alternate and also this method is easy too.
- Setup ADB on your computer
- Prepare your phone by
- Enabling developer option:
Go to phone Settings >>About phone >> tap ‘Build number’ seven times to enable developer options.
- Enable USB debugging:
Settings >> Developer options >>check the ‘USB debugging’ checkbox.
- Connect the phone to your PC with your phone’s USB cable when a pop-up screen shows up on Phone asking you to “Allow USB debugging” for the computer, make sure you tick the checkboxand tap OK.
- Open the command window on your PC and give the following command
Adb reboot recovery
- Your phone now will enter in to a recovery mode.