Whatsapp is going very popular and every single cellphone is having Whatsapp as an essential tool of smartphones. Whatsapp offers free calls messages and group chats. It is really useful when one is out of credit or running low with signals to send messages over data connection we can always use Whatsapp is such situations as it can be connected over the Wi-Fi. Whatsapp is now charging $0.99 annually but it is still free in some developing countries. Facebook however bought Whatsapp for 19 billion USD.
We are talking about the recovery of Whatsapp messages which got deleted from your Whatsapp account accidentally or you might have deleted them on purpose but now you want them back for some reason or another. So making it clear there are two kinds of recovery the first one is very easy that is the messages that were deleted seven days ago and the second one is the messages that got deleted for more than seven days.
If you are also facing the issue of deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus then this guide will help you alot and you can recover your deleted WhatsApp messages in no time. This method can be also followed for other or older versions of the iPhone as well which includes iPhone 5S, iPhone 5, iPhone 4S or all other iDevices that are running on the latest iOS 8.x version of the operating system.
Messages that got deleted seven days ago.
These can be recovered very easily, all you have to do is that you need to delete your Whatsapp messenger and then you have to download and re-install in by doing so there comes an option of recovering your old messages you just have to click on recover old messages option and all the conversations that were done within seven days will get back on your Whatsapp messenger.
Messages older than seven days.
If you want to recover the messages that were deleted more than seven days there are two ways that you have got the first is “the manual recovery” and the second is “third party app”.
The manual recovery.
Manual recovery method is a bit lengthy but it will recover all your chat conversations. It involves a few steps which are given in the guide below.
- Go to “memory card >Data bases folder. In this folder you will see several chat files named like “msgstore-date format.db.crypt”.
- Make sure your date format should be like year-month-date.
- Rename the msgstore file, give it the name what you want but for your convenience give the name that is related to filename.
- Review all files located, choose desired ones and rename them with older filename.
- Delete and reinstall Whatsapp. While installing prompt will occur offering you to restore the files click on it and those will be saved as msgstore.db.cyrpt
- By doing so your recent chat history will be deleted and older messages will be recovered because you cannot merge the recent chat messages with older chats.
Third party software.
By third party software we mean you just need to search the free file recovery software and install it. Once done you need to select the desired messages from memory card and click on scan button. As soon as you have clicked it would take a few minutes then click on “recover registers” and you will get all the previously deleted Whatsapp conversations that were deleted and more than seven days were passed. There are some apps available in iTunes store which will help you recover WhatsApp messages on iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.