Before you buy and register .nu domains, there are certain things you must be aware of. Since this extension is slightly different compared to the others in the TLD category, you need to be accustomed with a few details. Here are some of the requirements needed from your end before you can buy these domains.
– Individual and personal .nu registrations are allowed.
– Company and legal entity registrations are allowed for this type of domain too.
– You will have to provide some information before registering or buying a URL under this extension. This information includes the company’s ID and country of registration and origin. You will also need a valid government ID.
– You are not allowed to violate any rights of third parties or reserve names.
– Since .nu is the country-code level extension for Niue, anyone can register a domain under it for the tenure of 2 years.
– A domain will always have an authority that governs it. Such an authority is referred to as the administrative contact. This contact has all the administrative rights for the given URL. This will include managing the information of the contact and all other related details like postal address and contact information.
– Anyone can apply for and register .nu domains as long as they are available for purchase. There is a possibility that the name you see today will not be available tomorrow, so as soon as you select one, you must get it registered.
– The name that you choose must not violate any laws under any circumstances. If there is a trademark on the domain, you cannot use it.
– Before you register a domain, you must provide all your details including your email address and personal information. Only when this is done, you can get it registered in your name.
– The domain you select must consist of at least one character and at the most, it can have 63 characters. It may contain any of the Swedish language or the other Nordic language characters, besides the regular letters, numbers and characters.
– There are certain .nu domains that are either blocked or reserved. You cannot use these as this is strictly against the law and using any of these will be a violation of the law.
– If you wish to register a domain that is under somebody else’s name, then you must first get their consent so that they do not have any objections later.
*- All combinations that include numbers have been blocked if they contain any national registration number. Any domain that has 2 characters followed by 2 dashes is also under the blocked category.
These are some of the requirements that are part of the domain registration process. You have to abide by these requirements and restrictions while buying .nu domains. This is strictly as per the law and violating it can lead to legal action against you. Follow these guidelines and stay on the right side of the law.
About the author: Ted Garza is a professional teacher. He has worked at kindergartens in USA and abroad for most of his professional life. In his free time he likes to write texts and articles on the topics of technology and also its implementation in everyday life for different websites (for example for the Danish “.nu domæner UnoEuro” campaign). He is always excited to share and comment his views on modernity with other people interested in such discussions.