Samsung Galaxy Alpha is regarded as the best Android smartphone made by Samsung on the basis of design. Although the device is not that powerful as other flagship devices by Samsung like the Galaxy S5 or the Galaxy Note 4. But the build quality of the smartphone make it on of the best made smart phone by Samsung so far.
Under the premium body of Samsung Galaxy Alpha there are several features that will make you buy this awesome phone. Today we will let you know how to root Samsung Galaxy Alpha all models. But before going further in details of rooting process lets see what is packed inside the Galaxy Alpha, the first ever premium body smartphone by Samsung. The Samsung Galaxy Alpha has a powerful 4.7 inch Super AMOLED display with HD 720p resolution and 326 ppi pixel density. The device has a Quad Core Exynos 5 Octa 5430 CPU which is supported with 2 GB of RAM.
Other than that there is a powerful Adreno CPU under the Hood. The Galaxy Alpha has a 8 megapixel of main camera and another 2 megapixel camera unit on the front of the device. The device runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat and the whole unit is powered with an 1860 mAh of battery. Now lets move to how to Root this awesome Samsung Galaxy Alpha smartphone. This Root Guide is made for Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F, SM-G850K, SM-G850L, SM-G850M, SM-G850S and SM-G850FQ models.
First you should know what is rooting and why you should Root the device?
When you Root any Android smartphone or Tablet, You will get the complete access to the data which has been locked by the smartphone manufacturer. By rooting your device you will remove all the factory restrictions and you can make internal system changes in the operating system.
This will help you install various apps or games that needs the root privilege to access the system files to enhance the performance of your device. This also help you get rid of any built in features, applications or programs from your Android device. You can add new modded applications, you can Flash custom recoveries and Custom ROMs as well. But in some cases, Some Android manufacturers void the warranty of such rooted devices. So before going further you should read this on the their official sites.
Pre –Requesties for Rooting Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F/K/L/M/S/FQ:
- This guide is made especially for Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F/K/L/M/S/FQ
- To check device model, tap on Settings> More/ General> About Device. Check the Model number written there. If you have some other device. Stop right here.
- Make sure to have at least 60% charged battery so that your device stay alive during the whole rooting process.
- Backup Your data before Rooting your device. In some cases users have lost all their important data including SMS, Call Log, Contacts, Media files, Calendar etc.
- Make sure to Turn off Samsung Kies and other software if you are Using ODIN 3.09 while doing the rooting of your device. As using Odin is the most recommended way of rooting or flashing a Samsung device.
- Last and most Important: We will not be responsible if your device stuck during the process or after it. So do it on your own risk. If you are a newbie, Read more rooting guides before trying this.
How To Root DEVICE Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F/K/L/M/S/FQ
First of all make sure to download these files needed to root Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F/K/L/M/S/FQ
- Download the latest version of Odin, Odin 3 v3.09
- Make sure to download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Download CF-Auto-Root files for the specific model of the device.
How to root Procedure:
- First of all Extract the CF-Auto-Root files to get the *.tar.md5 Files.
- Now open the Odin 3 v3.09.exe.
- Now turn your device Samsung Galaxy Alpha on Download mode by pressing and holding the Power + Home + Volume Down buttons all together for at least 10 seconds. If you see the warning notice press the Volume Up button now.
- Now Connect your Galaxy Alpha with your PC.
- ID COM box will turn blue soon after your device will be detected on Odin 3.09. If not make sure to download and Install the Samsung USB Drivers given above.
- Now click on the AP tab on Odin3 v3.09 and add the CF-Auto-Root *.tar.md5 file.
- You can do the same by clicking on the PDA tab if you are using the Older version of Odin3, i.e Odin 3.07
- Make sure that your Odin3 V3.09 looks like this one in the screenshot below.
- Everything ready. Now Hit start and your device will get rooted automatically.
- You can find the SuperSu app on your device now.
- That’s it You have successfully Rooted your Device Samsung Galaxy Alpha SM-G850F/K/L/M/S/FQ
If you want to verify your device is rooted or not, You can download the Root Checker app from Google Play Store. Tap on the Root checker option in the app and then tap on Verify Root. It will ask for grant from SuperSU, tap on Grant. The message will appear that the Root Access is Verified Now! That’s it. Your device is Rooted now and you can customize it the way you want it to be.