Have you Samsung Galaxy Tab 2, in model 10.1 GT-P5113? Then you will be waiting for Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update for it. Here I’m going to give you a guide to update your Samsung Tab 2 to 4.2.2 Jelly Bean . I believe this simple guide will help you more for this update.
Samsung s sends firmware updates to the US Variants of its devices rather much late that their global counterparts but in the present case things seem to have gone a little different.
It’s true that the Android 4.2.2 update for GT_P5113 was preluded by its non-US models like GT-P5100 & GT-P5110, but the gap between the roll outs is not so wide as it usually happens to be. It’s time now get a punch of greater version of firmware with a host of cool features, general user interface improvements and known bugs fixes. The 4.2.2 firmware update has already been rolling out for the tablet for a while, but if you have not yet received it through OTA or kies then you can update your device manually.
The Jelly Bean update for tab 2 10.1 GT-P5113 brings all the rings and bells associated with Android 4.2.2. The new features that you will notice having updated your device with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean firmware are Notification panel with quick settings page, the New version of S Voice app, Improved touchWiz experience, improved S Memo, Lockscreen with multi-pages and widgets and Many others feature.
How to Install Android 4.2.2 Galaxy Tab 2:
Download the firmware by clicking here, and extract the zip file. After extracting zip file follow the installation steps;
- Before installation make sure you have either Samsung USB Drivers or Kies installed on your computer. If not then download it and install now.
- Charge your Tab to atleast 60% battery level.
- Turn on the USB Debugging on your device by Settings >> Developer options >> USB Debugging.
- Turn off your device and boot it into Download Mode: press and hold Volume Up+Power buttons together till you see a screen with Android bot and yellow triangle. To confirm Press volume down and continue to Download mode.
- Open the Odin folder and launch the Odin3 v3.04 exe program.
- Connect Galaxy Tab to computer through compatible USB cable and wait till you see the ID: COM port turned to blue and “Added” text on Odin’s message box. This shows that the device is properly connected.
- Then click on PDA and Select the tar.md5 file found inside the extracted firmware zip package And make ensure that only “F. Reset Time” and “Auto Reboot” options are enabled on the Odin.
- And Hit the “Start” button and wait for the installation to finish.
- After Installation complete it will reboot automatically.
Surely, after reboot you will see your Galaxy tab 2 with 4.2.2 Jelly Bean update. Enjoy the update and share with us your experience of New jelly bean version.