After a long wait finally we got some good news for our Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE users, The official Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean is ready to be injected in their devices.
The update is OTA and you don’t have to do anything, just keep your phone connected for the required files to get download, and then it will simply start updating itself. During the update your phone will be disabled for some time that may be 5-10 minutes depending on the situation but will be ready for use when the update is completed.
If you still feel unattended and your device isn’t showing any available update or isn’t downloading anything then you have to find a way to manually update your device. For that Head into your phone Settings > About Phone > System updates and download it. Still couldn’t find it then you must have Samsung Kies installed in your PC. Connect your phone with PC and it will help you finding the update.
After a successful update your phone will have a whole lots of new features that you didn’t experienced with older Android version. The list includes each new feature you will found after updating to Android Jelly Bean 4.1.2
- Google Now
- Expandable, actionable notifications
- Android BeamTM now lets you send photos and more.
- Widgets work like magic as you place widgets on the screen, everything else automatically moves to make room; when they’re too big, widgets resize on their own.
- The update also added new capabilities to Galaxy Victory, including:
- Notifications now display full text of incoming SMS messages, and when you receive an MMS you can view full photo in the notification
- Pinch notifications to expand or collapse them
- Notifications from the same application are grouped together, and the first item is automatically expanded
- Conversational text-to-speech voice in U.S. English
- Voice typing without an Internet connection
- Manage/create Google+ Events from device
- Zagat ratings and reviews built into Google MapsTM
- Indoor walking directions integrated into Google Maps
Here are some cool pictures of the Samsung Galaxy Victory 4G LTE.
Head into Settings > About Phone > System updates and download it.