Outlook for Mac and Outlook for Windows uses two distinct data file formats to store the mail items, such as emails, contacts, attachments, etc. The former creates multiple. OLK files at a default location to store a local copy of your mail items while the latter creates one OST(IMAP/Exchange/Office 365/Outlook.com) or PST file (POP3) for each email account—based on your account type or mailbox server.
Although you can export all the mailbox items from your Outlook for Mac profile to an OLM file format, the file cannot be imported into Outlook running on the Windows platform.
But unlike OLM, you can import your PST files in both Outlook for Mac and Outlook for Windows. You can also import the PST files to the Live Exchange Server or Office 365 mailboxes.
So if you have a backup OLM file that belongs to an older account or needs to switch or migrate from your current Outlook for Mac to Windows Outlook, you can use an OLM to PST converter software, such as Stellar Converter for OST.
Here’s everything you need to know about the software and why you should consider using it.
Advantages Over Manual Conversion Process
- Easy GUI
- One can easily select the OLM file, convert, preview, and save it as PST.
- It has a smooth user interface, which requires no technical expertise.
- Mailbox data remains intact after OLM to PST conversion.
- Multiple options to save the converted file.
Another advanced feature of Stellar Converter for OLM
Easy OLM to PST file conversion
The outlook files will be easily converted from OLM to PST. Stellar Converter for OLM converts mailbox items, such as Emails, Notes, Calendars, Tasks, and Contacts.
List all OLM files
One can easily browse the OLM files with the help of this software. One may find & select any file to convert into the PST file format.
Multiple saving options
There are multiple saving options in the tool. Apart from PST, you can convert and save an OLM file in MSG, EML, PDF, HTML, and RTF formats.
Preview and Save the Log report
The tool gives a free preview option to check the accuracy of the converted files. You’ll also get a log report on the process of conversion.
The tool is compatible with Windows 11, 10, 8, 8.1, and 7 Operating Systems. You may access emails on 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and 2003.
How To Use for Saving OLM File in Different Formats?
OLM to PST Conversion
- You can go to the OLM file window and browse for the OLM file’s location.
- Complete the selection and initiate the conversion.
- Preview your file after the scan and select what you wish to save.
- On the Home tab, choose Save Converted Mailbox.
- Now your OLM file is saved in PST.
OLM to Office 365 Conversion
The import of OLM to Office 365 is another crucial aspect to consider.
- Select the file you want to export in Office 365 from the Stellar Converter for OLM.
- Click Convert to initiate the conversion process.
- Click OK after the dialog box of ‘Conversion Completed Successfully’
- You’ll get a preview of the converted file.
- Save the converter mailbox and click on Save As.
- Select Office 365 from the drop-down menu and click Next.
- You’ll be requested to give your login credentials to Office 365.
- Click Save.
OLM Files to HTML and PDF
Stellar Converter for OLM works on HTML as well as convert OLM to PDF conversions. Locate your OLM file and click Convert. It operates easily after conversion. The process will get initiated, and a preview will be shown on screen. One can also save a converted mailbox and select PDF or HTML as per the requirements.
Stellar Converter for OLM has been a smart save for my company. It can convert various file formats and also work on MSG (for messages), and EML (for emails). We can append the data to its existing PST also. The scanned results are easily filtered before the conversion, which helps users to read through them again.
Pros and Cons
Some of the pros are as follows-
- User friendly
- Efficient performance
- Simple and secured software
- Multiple saving options
- Supports Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007 (32 and 64-bit)
Some of the cons are as follows-
- High price
- Supports only English language
Stellar Converter for OLM is all about making your work easy. I would like to jot down a few pointers for your recommendation:
- The tool is simple and easy to use, even if you are new to technology.
- The option to preview is the best. You may get it in the form of emails, attachments, contacts, etc. The details about individual items are listed on the right pane, which helps you maintain the original folder hierarchy.
- You can save the data in two ways: create a new PST file or make changes to the existing one.
The best features I came across while operating with Stellar Converter for OLM software were the comprehensive options like OLM preview, search filters, etc.
In a nutshell, the Stellar Converter for OLM is a reliable, efficient, and robust solution for OLM file conversion. The conversion is hassle-free with no data manipulation during the process.
This software is all about ease of use, effectiveness, and seamless importing. Files can be easily converted to the desired format. One of the benefits is that you will get a preview of the converter emails and other mailbox data for verification. This makes sure that there are no problems later on. You can easily get a quick review of the result. Since many users work with the older versions of Outlook, this software works for them as well.
It also has a smart saving option, where one can save data in multiple formats.
Leave a Reply