After the launch of iOS 7 many renowned apps on that platform redesigned their apps to a whole new level by changing their interface to make them look and feel like the iOS 7 flat design. Recently most used social network sites Facebook and Twitter have also redesigned their apps by adding the flat look in their design.
So the most used cross paltform messenger WhatsApp has also updated their messenger app with the adding the dress code for iOS 7. What that means: it’s all flat, minimal and gives up skeuomorphic elements for good.
Beside the new design and the flat iOS 7 looks for WhatsApp, there are new features that have been also added in this update as well. The new notification menu and bar is all set and well integrated with the new iOS 7 notification panel. The classic flat new keyboard have been added as well making it look even more cool. The fonts size have also been integrated with the system settings, with the option of changing their settings from the menu.
Beside this there are new Dynamic type support where you can set new notifications alerts and sounds from the Settings menu, In other words this new WhatsApp v2.11.5 for iOS7 app is fully integrated with the OS and it looks more of a built in app rather than a 3rd party messanger. You can download WhatsApp for iOS 7 from the link given below. Here is the official description from the iTunes store:
What’s New in WhatsApp Version 2.11.5
- new iOS 7 User Interface
- broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
- improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
- large thumbs: see more
- new notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
- application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
- new improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
- crop image before sending
(Download: WhatsApp for iPhone on the iOS App Store)