Sometimes you got into a problem and you need to change the MAC address of the wireless adapter , changing MAC address is the most irritating and most difficult thing to do when you are using windows operating system. MAC is basically the hardware address , adapter address , physical address , with MAC address you can connect to a wireless adapter and any other wireless device . Changing MAC address in Linux is very easy but changing MAC address in windows operating system is very painful . Ther are so many reasons which cause in changing MAC address so we guide you today how to change MAC address of your wireless adapter using windows operating system.
- Go to Control Panel .
- Now go to Device Manager.
- Go to Network Adapters .List of all network devices will be shown in a list .
- Locate the wireless adapter you are using or you want to change the MAC address .
- Go to properties of the wireless adapter .
- click Advance Tab.
- Under the property highlight the network address.
- Select Value located on the right side .
- Type in the MAC address you want in the box.
- Click OK.
- Now check the MAC address you changed by type the command in the command prompt run box “IPCONFIG”.
- When you go to network properties and then advance tab , sometimes you see Not Present. Don’t worry it doesn’t means that your wireless adapter don’t have a MAC address.