Samsung Galaxy S3 got an update of Android 4.3 jelly bean , this update is basically a maintenance firmware update . Most of the bugs are fixed , some performance improvements , new features and applications are introduced . This update is rolled out worldwide through OTA and Samsung KIES . Soon you will get this update in your region but if you don’t want to wait for this update . We today guide you how to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean XXUGNH4 official firmware . But before you start with the guide keep in mind that when you update your android device to official firmware you loose your root access on your device.
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download Android 4.3 Jelly Bean Firmware
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy s3 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Update Samsung Galaxy S3 I9300 to XXUGNH4 Android 4.3 Official Firmware:
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+home +power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( Android 4.3 Jelly Bean).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file with CODE in his name , this file will be found in extract folder of Android 4.3 Jelly Bean .
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots and when you see home screen unplug your device.