Well readers this article is for the Samsung’s Galaxy Note 5 and Galaxy S6+ or even the Samsung Galaxy S5 users who have updated to Android 5.0 Lollipop. Samsung had introduced two options in their latest models Note 5, S6 or S6 edge+ that appears when you pull down the notification bar and the name of those options are S finder and Quick connect.
Both of these options are really useful I’m going to tell you the working or use of both of them one by one let’s start with S finder, this option when tapped there appears a small space with a blinking cursor you can write anything in that space and all the files in the mobile from all the places would appear which have the same name to what you wrote. It is basically used for finding stuff in your mobile instantly instead of searching manually opening each folder one by one. The other option Quick connect is used for instantly connecting your mobile with other remote devices which are placed nearby. However if you are using AT&T or Verizon these might not appear as these have already been removed by both these carriers
Now both these options are placed in the notification bar when you swipe down from top the notification bar appears and you can see both of the options. They are placed here for easy accessibility. But some people might not use them as frequently as others so they might want to get them removed from the notification bar or there may be another reason that would irritate them when they see these options, well the good news is there for these people they can be easily removed from the notification menu. You need to follow these few steps.
How to easily remove the S Finder and Quick Connect icons from Notification panel:
All you have to do is follow this guide given below to get rid of the S Finder and Quick Connect in the notification panel of the Samsung Galaxy Note 5 or Galaxy S6 Edge+. Beside this, the guide given below will also work with the Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy Note 4 and the Galaxy Note 3 as well.
- Download file explorer like Root Explorer or ES File Explorer.
- Launch the file explorer program and root storage of your device.
- In system folder there will be a file called build.prop.
- Tap and hold it and select Open via text editor.
- The app would give you a warning that the system is read only, tap the little Mount R/W button to allow write access.
- Open the file and search
- Samsung Galaxy S6 – ro.product.name=zerofltexxx
- Samsung Galaxy S6 edge – ro.product.name=zeroltexxx
- Change the line to the following:
- AT&T – ro.product.name=zerolteatt
- Verizon – ro.product.name=zeroltevzw
- Save the file and reboot your phone.
Now you are done and you can see this time you open your notification menu these two options would no longer appear on your phone’s screen. You can also read more guides about Samsung Galaxy S6 and other device here to fix following issues.
Look into more and more Guides about your Latest Android smartphone and even more in our HOW TO section. Its loaded with full help