This new Android 4.4.2 KitKat official firmware built for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 is basically a maintenance firmware update . This new update brings some new drivers , performance enhancements , features are improved and overall firmware experience is improved. This update is being rolled out worldwide through OTA and Samsung KIES . If you didn’t get this update on your device then don’t worry ,we today guide you how to manually update your Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 to Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUGNH4 official firmware .
Before you start you need the following .
- USB Drivers
- Download ODIN
- Backup Android Apps
- Backup Messages
- Backup Call logs
- Enable USB Debugging Mode , go to settings > developers options > enable USB debugging mode.
- Make sure the battery of your smartphone is charged more than 60%.
- Download Android 4.4.2 KitKat Official Firmware
This guide is for Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 variant , do not try this method on any other galaxy s4 variant. Follow each step carefully in case of any mishap or you brick your smartphone we are not held responsible for that .
How To Update XXUGNH4 Android 4.4.2 KitKat Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 :
- Switch Off your smartphone.
- Boot your smartphone in Download Mode. Press and hold volume down+home+power buttons .
- Open Odin.
- Now connect your smartphone with PC and when your smartphone connects successfully one of the Odin port become colorful.
- Now extract the file you download above ( Android 4.4.2 KitKat ).
- Click on PDA or AP and select the file with CODE in his name , this file will be found in extract folder of Android 4.4.2 KitKat .
- Check Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options in Odin.
- Click Start.
- After installation completes your device will automatically boots and when you see home screen unplug your device .