Since iRobot introduced the Roomba robot vacuum cleaner on the market, cleaning floors as we know it, has never been the same. Since then, robovacs have evolved to include robotic window cleaners, robot pool cleaners, and robot mops.
Most new robot models come with smartphone app support. You can even control some using your voice through Google Home or Amazon Alexa. A robot mop with a connected home function allows you to start and operate the device wherever you are using your mobile phone or tablet. It will carry out its task diligently and without any supervision. Hence, you’ll be able to save plenty of time and energy.
Mopping robots are available in a wide range of models and brands. So when buying one, make sure to consider those that were selected based on experience. With that in mind, here’s how you can connect your Wi-Fi-connected robot with its dedicated app.
iRobot Home App
- Download the iRobot Home app on your smart gadget. The app will work with iOS 11 and higher and Android 7.0 or higher versions.
- Place the base of your robot or its charging station on a level surface without any obstacles around and with a good Wi-Fi coverage.
- Plug it into an electrical outlet.
- Remove the yellow bin insert and battery pull tab if your unit has one.
- Place your robovac on its base and power it on.
Steps On How To Connect Your Roomba Or Braava Jet To The iRobot Home App
- Check that you have everything in place and ready, such as your robot, its charging station, as well as Wi-Fi name and password.
- Verify that your mobile phone’s Bluetooth is on. iRobot utilizes Bluetooth wherever possible for setting it up and connecting it to your smart gadget.
- Verify the placement of the robot’s Clean Base or Home Base Charging Station.
- To ensure your robot will not tumble down the stairs, place its charging station about 4 feet away from your stairs.
- Give your iRobot a name. The preloaded name of your unit is Roomba. You can provide it with the name of your choice.
- Once you’re done typing the name, press continue.
- Connect your device to your local Wi-Fi network.
- Generally, you’ll see the name of the Wi-Fi your gadget is currently connected to displayed on the iRobot Home app. Simply confirm if this is where you want to connect your robot.
- Then, press continue.
- Activate your robot cleaner.
- With your robot placed on its base, simultaneously press and hold both the Home and Spot Clean buttons.
- Wait for a tone, which you’ll hear after 2 to 5 seconds.
- Some robots will display a Wi-Fi icon that will flash green while some will display a flashing blue right ring.
- Confirm this step in the iRobot Home app and then check the box for “I pressed the buttons.” Press continue.
By now, your mobile phone or tablet should be able to locate your robot, as well as control and adjust its settings via the app. If you are unsuccessful, check the setup requirements of your Wi-Fi. You may also consider turning off the cellular data of your device and try again.
How To Connect To Ecovacs Home App
ECOVACS Home comes with connected features that let you control your Deebot anywhere and at any time. Here are the steps on how to connect your robot to the app:
Step 1: Preparation
- Ensure that your robot and mobile phone are ready. Also, check that you have a Wi-Fi connection. Note that Deebot does not support 5GHz Wi-Fi and only 2.4 GHz.
Step 2: Power Your Robot
- Open the cover of your unit and turn its power on. You will hear startup music when you turn your robot on.
Step 3: Activate The Wi-Fi Of Your Robot
- Press the device’s reset button for about 1 second, then release it after you hear a beep or the entering network setup mode prompt. Once activated, you will see the Wi-Fi indicator light begins to blink.
Step 4: Connect Your Robot To Your Home WiFi
- The information of your network and its password will then be sent to the automatic cleaner. Your robot mop will attempt to connect to the Wi-Fi.
- For iOS, access settings on your smartphone and select the Wi-Fi network named ECOVACS. Then, go back to the app and wait for the completion of the network setup.
- If you’re using Android, your robot will start the network configuration automatically and connect to your smart gadget once activated. If you encountered an unsuccessful connection, access settings on your mobile device and manually select the Wi-Fi named ECOVACS, and return to the app to wait for the network to complete.
How To Connect Your Robot Cleaner To The Roborock App
You can have full control of your Roborock robot cleaners with the Roborock app. It is packed with features like smart mapping, advanced scheduling, customizable cleaning, zone cleaning, and more. Find out what other things you can do with it on this Roborcok app review.
Step 1: Go to the App Store and download Roborock.
Step 2: Select the region you’re currently in. Then, register for a Roborock account using your mobile number.
- Click new user registration.
- Enter your mobile number to register.
- Log in to your account.
Step 3: Connect your Roborock vacuum cleaner to the app. Ensure that your smartphone is connected to your WiFi. You can check the WiFi indicator light of your unit during the connection process by opening its top part.
- To add a device, simply tap the “+” icon, and add your robot vacuum.
- Check the “Blue Light Blinking” option by tapping on it.
- Choose your home WiFi and enter its password to connect to it.
- Tap “Connect to robot Wi-Fi.”
- Then, choose the WiFi network named “roborock-vacuum-xxxx” to connect your unit.
- Return to your Roborock app. The connection interface should appear now.
- Wait until you are successfully connected. You know you’re connected successfully when the WiFi indicator on the top of your cleaner turns to solid from flashing.
Step 4: Go to the Roborock homepage and tap device. Here you’ll see the device to operate. Make sure to wait for the device to finish initializing. Once it reaches 100%, click on Enter robot.
Step 1: Go to Google Play and download Roborock.
Step 2: Select the region you’re currently in. Register for a Roborock account using your phone number.
Step 3: Connect your Roborock vacuum cleaner to the app. Again, make sure your gadget is connected to the WiFi.
- To add a device and enable location permission, simply tap the “+” icon.
- Detect devices nearby and select your Roborock vacuum to add it.
- Select your home WiFi and input its password.
Step 4: Go to the Roborock homepage and tap the device to access the device to operate. Wait until the initializing process reaches 100%, then click Enter robot.