Today we will teach you How to Root & Flash Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 smartphone loaded with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean. As we all know that Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 is one of the most powerful Android based device and to get complete control of the powers we have to root this device. In case if you still want to know why to root the Android device you must read this Article: Why to root your Android Device. However keep in mind that this tutorial is about the flashing and rooting of Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 which is known as the International variant of the device. So the users with other variants like Sprint, AT&T or Verizon must not try this procedure.
After following these steps of how to root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 you will be able to get complete user controls over your device, with easy access to all your System files and folders, which can be easily customized and optimized and you can make your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 just like what you want it to look like.
First of all you need some tools to carry on with the whole procedure of rooting & flashing your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500. There is a list of them with the links available where you can download them and better make a backup of them as you may need them in future if you want to have any customized Mod for your device.
Tools required to Root & Flash Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500:
- Download Cofface’s CWM Recovery & Root
- Download Odin3.07 Flash Utility
- Download Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 Samsung Android USB Drivers
- Make sure you have 100% Fully charged battery of Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
Make sure that before starting any thing you have to Flash your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 with Cofface’sClockworkMod Recovery before Rooting it. Also make a full backup of your precious Data before starting to flash or root your device. Better follow this step by step procedure if you are new with this rooting and flashing procedure. And one more to be noted, everything you do will be at your own risk. Admin at Axeetech.com will not be liable to any damage or loss occured to your Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500.
How to Flash and Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean:
This is a step by step guide to Flash and Root Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9500 on Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean, so we suggest to follow the step by step procedure in order to successfully flash or root your Galaxy S4 device.
- First of all as described above make sure that you have downloaded each and every tool that is needed for this setup.
- Now make sure that you have at least 80% battery charged.
- Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down + Home Buttons together for few seconds followed by Power button until you see Android logo with triangle on screen.
- Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Galaxy S4 I9500 to your computer.
- Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box will change colour.
- Select the downloaded file to install by following below steps:Make sure the AutoReboot and F.Reset Time options are checked.
- Click on PDA and select “CF-Auto-Root-jflte-jfltexx-gtI9500.zip” file.
- Click on Start button in ODIN window to start the installation process. The process will take few minutes to complete.
- Your phone will restart after the installation.
This is it now you have your Samsung Galaxy S4 ready to be customized in any form.