Many users have reported Hulu Error 503 popping up on screen while streaming their favorites shows on the site. The same issue of Error 503 Code has been witnessed by many users while using the Hulu App on Android and iOS devices too.
We are here to help you out in fixing this cross-platform 503 Error on all Hulu apps and the official website. The amazing thing right now is that there is no such error on many Firestick, Roku, or even on Google Chome streaming.
But before moving any further here are all the details regarding the app update. So make sure to update your Hulu Android or iOS app to get it fixed in the first place.
Hulu App Latest Update :
|File Size||12.83 MB|
|Operating System||Android 5.0 and Above|
|Updated On||15 June 2020|
|Play Store Link||HULU on Play Store.|
What is Error 503:
- Service unavailable.
- HTTP server error 503
- 503 error.
This error can appear in any browser irrespective of the different OS. You might get in windows, Mac, Linux, and even smartphones. Any device with internet-enabled on it can display error 503 on the Hulu screen.
You will notice service unavailable or error 503 inside the browser window just like other webpage do.
If you are using the Hulu service support extension on the browser, then you can easily find out the root cause of this error. If this error code is followed by a certain number like .3, .4, then it means the error is specific
Hulu Error 503 Service unavailable Popup Messages:
Here are all the messages people have been posting on Social media regarding Error Code 503 on Hulu App.
Getting an error 503 when trying to switch to my profile. Is hulu down? pic.twitter.com/uBgqP49J3C
— Paige McWhite (@its_peij) June 19, 2019
@hulu_support Big basketball game on in 5 min. Can’t watch it because you can’t fix the issue. Error 503. Every week there’s an issue.
Also there’s no one to call.
Chat system is down.
Your company is a joke for $55 a month. pic.twitter.com/9URX0i2R95
— Chris Allen (@chrisallen_kc) December 21, 2019
Fixing Hulu Error Code 503 with Cache Cleaning on Android App:
To clear the Hulu App Cache on Android devices, you have to follow these steps.
- First of all close the HULU app.
- Now go to Settings
- Go for Apps
- Search for Hulu app
- Go to Storage
- Tap on Clear Cache
That’s it. Once your app cache is cleared you won’t see the error message again on Android devices. While the iOS device uses auto cache clearing which will fix the issue.
How to Fix Hulu Error 503 with DNS Cleaning:
As we have discussed above, then this error is related to the server. If the server is down or there is outage problem reported on the server, then you will get this error code. Here are a few things that you can try on your system:
- Refresh the browser and try opening the Hulu URL again. To refresh the page, press Ctrl+F5 key.
- If the issue still prevails, then wait for a while. There are chances that technical executives might have been working at the server level and the problem exists due to this reason.
- If you have subscribed to any plan and is going to expire in a coming week, then make sure that you have not subscribed to the plan twice otherwise multiple orders can be created. Most streaming services don’t allow multiple orders on their own but there are few that don’t support this payment system.
- Restart all your devices like a computer, modem, and router.
- If there is some issue with the Hulu website, then restarting all the devices will solve the purpose. If there is a problem with the DNS settings, then you must contact ISP.
Note: If after rebooting the devices, you are still getting error code 503 or service outage problem, then there might be DNS issues. You can pick new DNS servers from public or free DNS server list.
- Another way to fix this error code is to call Hulu support directly. If the technical executives sitting there are well aware of this error code in particular region, then they will inform accordingly and if they find the problem only reported on your system, then they will diagnose it accordingly. You can visit support page and get contact information from there. If there is some social account given on the website, then you can drop your query there on the page.
You can check the tweets from other customers who have recently posted on twitter account maintained by the company and get an idea about the issue. With the help of hashtag placed in front of the website down, you can try searching for a solution on Twitter itself.
Latest features in Hulu: Stream TV shows & watch the latest movies:
Hulu + Live TV subscribers with this latest app version can now enjoy our new and improved Live Guide feature!
We understand how important TV time is, so we’ve squashed some of those pesky bugs getting in the way of your Hulu streaming experience. Make sure you download this latest app version and get back to binging your favorites!
If you are still getting the Error Code 503 on your Hulu app you can comment below and we will make sure to go through the new process to fix it for you.