When you visit Sydney, you might marvel at the amazing architecture, seascapes, natural wonders, and high-rises. However, when you get to the trenches, you will see brick-and-mortar stores, vendors, mom-and-pop stores, and retail shops.
These small and medium businesses are the engines of growth for Sydney’s economy. Their margin of error is also quite small because of the small capital. Fortunately, online marketing makes it more viable for small businesses to advertise their services without spending a fortune.
Local SEO is crucial for brick-and-mortar shops that operate at the community, suburb, or city level. For example, if you are a plumber in Chatswood and want to advertise your services to nearby households or commercial establishments, you can use Local SEO for this purpose. The technique will help market your business to generate leads in a specific location.
In the same vein, if you have just launched a website and you want to show up on searches, SEO Sydney services Australia will help connect you to your target audience.
Here are some ways to promote your business using Local SEO:
- Study your competitors — You can learn a lot from looking at the online marketing strategies of your competitors. What keywords are they using to rank high in searches? How did they design their website? How can you position yourself in a saturated market?
- Localise your content — You can aggregate information or make your own content. For instance, you can customise your content by piggybacking on local happenings, festivals, or news events. If there are recent trends in your community, then you should be among the first to post about it. When there are issues that affect the community, make sure that you have a position about it. When creating content, however, make sure to use SEO best practices so that you show up on searches.
- Optimise your website — The first thing to do is to make sure that your customers would not be confused when using your website. The user experience should be seamless, if not enjoyable. The next step is to optimise your website using technical SEO techniques. You have to hire a web developer who is familiar with SEO. More than the photos of your products, your customers should be able to book reservations, order from the menu, and make payments without leaving your site. Finally, your website should be optimised for mobile since a large majority of Sydneysiders use their phones nowadays for just about anything.
- Connect with your community — Whenever there are festivals or community events, make sure that you insert yourself into the conversation. Promote special discounts or freebies during holidays or huge events in the community. Sponsor charitable organisations, find ways to participate in school events or hold a fun run. The idea is to make people not forget you.
- Engage your customers — People read reviews before deciding to buy a product or service. If your customers are happy with your services, solicit their help to leave positive reviews on your website. For example, after the transaction, ask if you can shoot them an email to get their feedback. Once you get the review, tell them that you would post it on your website.
- Be an authority in your field — If you have a pub or a brewery, your business should be the first thing on their mind when people have questions about the topic of bevvie, frostie, or a coldie. How do you do this? You need to upload articles and blogs consistently on the topic and let the people decide for themselves whether or not you know what you are talking about. You can hire content writers if you are not confident about your writing skills. The knowledge still comes from you, and they will only wrap it in a nice package so that readers would be tempted to open it and see what is inside.
- Register at Google+Local — You need to add your company to Google’s local directory. It does not take much to do it since you only have to follow the steps. Make sure you upload all the correction information, such as the description of your business, services, or products you offer, address, photos and videos, and the like. When you change the address, do not forget to modify the information in your local directory. Aim for a 100% score on your My Business profile, and you can do this by filling out all the information.
You cannot discount the importance of Local SEO to promote your business. For example, more than 5 in 10 mobile users find a new store when they search for a restaurant near them. However, you can make your life easier by hiring SEO Sydney services Australia to promote your business using Local SEO techniques.