Getting your business noticed online is easier said than done. Even if you think your products or services best fit your customers, you must show and convince them first. But how to do this when your competitors have the same goals in mind?
The answer is search engine optimization (SEO) ad campaigns. By optimizing your ads and your website, you can rule search engine results pages (SERPs) and improve visibility.
Let us talk about the simple steps to get you started with a great SEO Ad campaign.
1. Conduct Thorough Research
To ensure the success of your SEO efforts, start every campaign with thorough research. Apart from exploring and understanding the latest SEO trends, look into essential details of your campaign. This includes relevant keywords, customer search intent, and realistic goals.
Here are some tips to help you in your research.
- Perform keyword research. Choose keywords relevant to your business, brand, products, or services. Harness local SEO strategies and use keywords with your city or town if you have a local office. Use tools like Google Keyword Planner or SEMrush to find your keywords. Google’s “People also ask” and “Related searches” will help.
- Identify user search intent. Identify what users expect to find for a keyword they used in a search. Someone searching for “vet clinics in Chicago” may want to know the exact clinic location and services. Search your keyword on Google and check the top sites on the SERP. Their content will give you an idea of the intent for that keyword.
- Create realistic goals. Follow SMART (specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and time-bound) goal setting. This guide keeps you motivated to create goals for your campaigns. Plan your steps to achieve this goal. Make sure every marketing team member knows your goals, including the different steps to complete them.
2. Concentrate on On-Page SEO
On-page SEO entails optimizing website elements on the page itself. Doing so helps search engines understand what your website is about. Thus, you have better chances of ranking higher on SERPs and reaching more prospects online.
Digital Authority Partners said hiring an SEO agency promotes your business online by improving visibility and brand recognition. An expert SEO agency begins every campaign with an on-page SEO audit, revealing errors and improvement areas.
Take note of the following on-page elements to improve:
- Enhance metadata. These are your meta title and description, which appear on SERP, giving users an idea about your page’s content, thus helping them decide whether to click on your link. Keep meta titles within 50-60 characters and descriptions, 155-160. Make your meta title and description stand out from other links if you want more clicks.
- Check heading tags or H tags. Use keywords in H1 and H2 tags to maximize their effectiveness. These H tags help search engines determine paragraph relationships on your page and break up content into easy-to-read chunks. Using questions in your headings is also encouraged.
- Create the best page content. On-page elements are vital ranking factors. Ensure depth and accuracy in your content. Create engaging, practical, quality, and updated content. Identify your target audience and assess the content formats they prefer. Build your content from your findings and regularly add fresh content to your site.
3. Focus on Off-Page SEO
Off-page SEO refers to strategies performed away from your website. Optimizing off-page SEO helps improve your site’s relevance and authority. Even if you have the best content and site design, without off-page SEO, it will be hard to get people to visit.
Link building is the most popular off-page SEO strategy. This aims to create natural links to your website or pages because having more backlinks means you are reputable and relevant. Links promote the user experience because they can move to other relevant information. This is why Google considers links a significant ranking factor.
The following are ways to improve link building and enhance your off-page SEO.
- Build good backlinks. You can join industry or community associations to get links from their website, reach out to bloggers or journalists for links, or promote your content on social media.
- Start a blog. This is a way to generate linkable content for your business or brand. Blog regularly, ask your audience to comment or share your posts, and create helpful blog content.
- Try social media marketing. Ensure your business is active on social media, especially on top platforms. Current stats show that Facebook is the strongest social media network, with 2.9 billion active users in 2022. Ensure you post regularly, link to your blogs or website, and respond to comments sincerely and positively.
- Promote your brand with influencer marketing. Interact with your potential influencer and reach out for a paid collaboration. This is an effective strategy because you partner with an influencer who has already established a broad reach and a large audience to help promote your brand.
4. Improve Technical SEO
Technical SEO is a set of strategies that help Google better understand, index, and rank your site. Remember, search engines aim to provide users with the best search results. Thus, search engine bots move and index web pages depending on various factors.
Some of these factors are related to the user experience, like how quickly the page loads or how your site works on mobile. With these in mind, here are some techniques to improve your technical SEO.
- Improve page speeds. Compress your images, cache your web pages, allow browser caching, and use a well-optimized hosting service.
- Enhance the website’s internal link structure. Ask a web developer to help you add robots.txt.file, a tool that directs robots where to go on your site. They may also use a meta robots tag to instruct robots to crawl your page but not follow links on a page.
- Remove dead links. Dead links are hyperlinks on a website that leads to a page that has been moved or deleted. Ask your web developer to remove dead links or redirect the URL of a page when deleted.
- Find and solve duplicate links. Due to technical issues, URLs may show similar content. This confuses Google and can make search engines go to identical pages instead of the original page. You can indicate the original page or the page you wish to rank using a canonical link element.
- Secure your website. Implement HTTPS to avoid data intercept sent over browsers and from your site. You can check if your website is secure by looking for a padlock on the left-hand part of the search bar. If you find it “not secure,” you must secure your site at once.
5. Monitor and Measure SEO
SEO is a continuous process that requires optimization, monitoring, and measuring. Several tools called webmaster tools can help you do all these. Tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, and SEMrush are available.
These webmaster tools let you access your site’s key performance indicators (KPIs). You should monitor your KPIs, like organic traffic, search rankings, visibility, branded traffic, bounce rates, and click-through rates (CTR).
Knowing your KPIs will help you improve your SEO and ensure all your efforts are working towards your marketing goals.
A great SEO campaign follows five crucial steps: research, on-page SEO, off-page and technical SEO strategies, and SEO monitoring. Follow these steps and the corresponding strategy to ensure the best results in SEO.
Leave a Reply