Work from home has become the trend since the advent of the global pandemic Coronavirus. Even though it was in practice before, the number of people working online from their home desk has significantly increased.
Working from home can be tricky and unproductive at times. Here are some tips to help you stay on track.
Create Your Workspace:
The first step is to have a speared room or workspace that can help you stay productive. Working from the comfort of your bed or sofa can make you inactive after some time. It sets a boundary between your work and other life activities.
Invest in a good and comfortable office chair and desk. Go for the best furniture so that your health is not compromised. You can place plants around your desk to give it a refreshing feeling. You may set up an office beside a window to enjoy the sunlight.
Make use of the Right Applications:
It is essential to have basic knowledge on making use of tools to make your work fast and be productive. Here are some applications that are used commonly by people working from home:
- Communication tools help you stay in touch with your team members and keep the workflow in balance.such applications include Skype and Zoom.
- Use of collaboration software like Google Drive to share files.
- Use applications like soda pdf to merge your files and convert them to and from pdf form for better presentation.
Set up a Work Schedule:
If your work does not have fixed working hours, you would have to create a schedule that works for you. If you work whenever you feel like doing it, you may end up not getting enough done.
If you have no one to supervise your working hours, it can make you unproductive. Set up a dedicated time for work and end it on time to relax for the next hours.
Get Ready and Dressed During Working Hours:
If you work from your comfortable attire and have no proper eating schedule, it can be unproductive. It is best to dress as you used to for your 9-5 job in the office. It makes you feel like you are working in an actual office environment.
These days, many businesses hold virtual meetings on video calls. Getting dressed up before work can also help you stay more presentable on camera.
Try to Avoid Distractions:
We often tend to get more relaxed when working from home and fall prey to various kinds of distractions. It results in the delay of your task and overall poor performance at work.
To fight off distractions, you can make the following changes:
- Sign out of our social media accounts like Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, etc., unless you access them for work.
- If you use an Apple device, you can use Apple’s Screen Time software that automatically limits your access to some programs.
- Make use of good quality headphones to avoid back noise that is going on in your home.
Make Time for Exercise:
Sitting at home on your desk most of the time can be unhealthy for your mental and physical health. With less outside activity, you may fall into stress and end up with muscle aches.
Make sure to take a break for a walk daily. Create your workout routine, however complex or simple you like. Exercising can help you stay active and more productive in your work.