The WhatsApp Settings issue is the most talked-about since this morning more and more people are getting this WhatsApp Not Able to change Privacy Settings Error on their smartphones. The Privacy Settings glitch on WhatsApp is present on both Android and iOS devices.
Here we are with the best working fix to get over this issue which is first surfaced on 19th of June 2020. This WhatsApp Privacy Settings glitch is making people can’t remove Last Seen WhatsApp ticks from the official App.
How to FIx Whatsapp Not Able to change Privacy Settings:
There are several methods to check out the Last Seen WhatsApp error. But first of all you should make sure that you are using the latest and updated version of the Whatsapp App.
Some of the users who have updated their Whatsapp messenger have seen the WhatsApp Last Seen issue getting fixed.
Here is what Social Media says about the issue:
Who all aren’t able to change their Whatsapp Last Seen settings? It has automatically switched to “Nobody” and now, the setting can’t be reversed. #WhatsAppDown #whatsapp @whatsapp pic.twitter.com/E7jlW6wcJX
— Kaajal Singh (@Kaajalsinghh) June 19, 2020
Whatsapp issues and crashes at 3:22PM 06/19/2020 UTC! Website shows ~1,000 error reports! Retweet if you’re having problems too!
— Website Glitches/Crashes (@WebsiteCrashes) June 19, 2020
Method 1: Update to the latest WhatsApp App version:
Now follow this step by step guide:
- Make sure to have the most updated version of the WhatsApp App. [ Current: June 2020]
- In case if you want to download the update from in-app notification, there can be chances of getting the “WhatsApp Server Not Working Error”.
- So Better to stick with this 3rd party link shared above.
- Once the updates are downloaded Make sure to remove the previous or older version of the app.
- Now to install the WhatsApp apk file you need to enable the Unknown Sources option.
- For that go to Settings> Security> Unknown Source > Enable.
- Once done you can simply install the WhatsApp Updated app on Android.
Method 2: Download the WhatsApp Beta Update version:
If the latest WhatsApp isn’t good for you and can’t fix WhatsApp Last Seen on your messages. You can still get the latest WhatsApp Beta version for your Android devices.
The current WhatsApp Beta version 22.214.171.124 Apk is available for download. This is the latest version of the messaging app released today on the 19th of June 2020.
Once Done, You can now easily change WhatsApp Privacy Settings by following this guide:
- Go to WhatsApp Settings.
- Android: Tap More options > Settings > Account > Privacy > Groups. …
- Select one of the following options: Everyone: Everyone, including people outside of your phone’s address book contacts, can add you to groups without your approval. …
- If prompted, tap DONE or press OK.
Method 3: Clean the WhatsApp to fix the Privacy Settings Issue
If this “Last Seen WhatsApp Not Working” issue is still there you can go for Clearing Cache of this downloaded app.
- Go to WhatsApp App icon
- Tap and hold until the options start showing.
- Go to App info.
- Inside App, info checks the App version.
- Now tap on the force stop option.
- Now tap on storage Option-Click on Clear Cache and Clear Data to remove all the cache and data from your app.
- Now select the Clear Cache option.
That’s it once done, Now you can simply log in to your WhatsApp account and make the try to chat again wit your contacts and check out the Last Seen Ticks.
WhatsApp Privacy Settings Fix Video Guide:
Is WhatsApp Down?
Right now as of 12:00 Am PST, the WhatsApp is up and running quite well. But there are still some issues by the developers to get sorted out. So that people use this messaging app easily.