Amazon Prime Video is getting some attention recently with new titles being released during the quarantine period. Many users are facing some irritating Error messages, like the one, “Prime Video Error Code 5004“. Since many users are not getting the support from the official amazon.com/videohelp and their support Forums.
So we decided to dig deep into this error and fixed it with some most needed changes.
What is Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004?
These errors show up when a user tries to Sign up or in some cases Sign in to his/her account. The Error Code 5004 pops up on almost all devices. Many complaints received about error showing on Prime Video apps for iOS, Android, Smart TV, Amazon Firesticks, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, and even on Google Chrome or any other browser being used on Windows PC.
What are the Causes of Prime Video Error 5004:
There are many causes for such errors to pop up. This could be Amazon Server side issues or an error in your own device. Somehow we can consider all these options valid for such errors.
- Corrupted software or hardware data on the device
- Outdated Amazon Prime video app
- A bug problem that temporarily affects the device’s or the app data
- A problem on the Amazon server-side
- Device compatibility issue
How to Fix Amazon Prime Video Error Code 5004:
Here are 3 different methods to help you fix this error. Since the Prime Video service runs on almost all devices/platforms. So you have to choose the right guide to fix this issue on your streaming device.
If you are using a Smart TV or Samsung TV you can follow the first method. In the case of Android or iOS Phone/Tablet, you can choose the 3rd method to fix this issue.
Method 1: Reboot Your Streaming Device:
There is always a chance for a streaming device to get bugs and problems amid stream. So better to give it a break and press the restart button. If you are using the Firestick TV, Android smart TV or Roku, you can reboot your device through the following steps:
- Go to Home Screen on your device and selecting “Settings”
- Scroll down the Settings menu and select the “System” option
- Scroll down and select “Restart” then confirm your choice by pressing “OK” on your remote to reboot your device.
You can also reboot your Samsung, LG, Sony, TCL smart TVs by powering it off, unplugging the power cord for about two minutes, and then powering it on again.
Method 2: Register your device again on Amazon Prime Video:
Since Amazon runs a service to Sync your account with your current streaming device with the main account on https://amazon.com/mytv.
So the Prime Video Error 5004 can also occur due to the device compatibility issue with your device and the Amazon Prime server. This is fairly common when using a new streaming device. The issue can be fixed by deregistering the device, then register it again. To do this:
- Go to Amazon My TV page
- Log in using your Amazon Prime account details
- Navigate to the “REGISTERED DEVICES” section and click on the “Deregister Your Device” option to remove your device
- Sign out and then sign back in again
- Navigate to the “REGISTERED DEVICE” option and click on “Register Your Device”
- Enter the details for your device and then submit to complete the registration.
Once you have registered your device, power it on, and launch the Amazon Prime Video app/channel to start enjoying your favorite content again.
Method 3: Update your Android or iOS Apps:
An outdated app is another reason for error 5004, as well as several other Amazon Prime Video not working issues. Usually, most devices will update their applications/channels automatically, unless they are powered off for a long time, disconnected from the internet.
If using, say an Android or iOS device, you can update your Amazon Prime app and others by simply powering it on and ensuring that the internet connection is active. This will allow it to update the Prime Video app, which will fix any bug issues.
Make sure to Uninstall the current Prime Video App, and re-install it from the official iTunes/Playstore links given below.
Amazon Prime Video iOS App:
Amazon Prime Video Android App:
When you got your Android and iOS apps updated. Try to sign in to your main account now.
Method 4: Clear Cache of Amazon Prime Video App: [Only Android]
This method of clearing your App Cache works for Android devices.
- Go to the Prime Video App icon
- Tap and hold until the options start showing.
- Go to App info.
- Inside App, info checks the App version.
- Now tap on storage Option-Click on Clear Cache and Clear Data to remove all the cache and data from your app.
Method 5: Clear Browser Cache (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) [Only for Windows and Mac OS]
If you watch Amazon Prime Video Content on your Laptop or Desktop computers running the Windows OS. Then all you have to do is clear browser cache on your system.
Sometimes when we get infected with a virus or malware this can also affect legitimate web pages like Prime Video and corrupt your data. If you are browsing from Google Chrome, press the Control + Shift + Delete keys and delete cookies, cached files, and data from hosted applications. Restart the browser, try again to watch some video.
- Go to Settings
- Search for Cache
- Tap/Click on Chache option
- Check all the Clear Browser Data and Cache Options
- Click on Clear
- Fix Error Code 1016 Disney Plus App
- Cyberflix not Working No Data Error.
- Not in Service Area Error in HBO Max.
- How to get HBO Max Apk working in Any Country.
- Statcounter is down or dead showing “This page isn’t working”.
That’s it, We hope that you have followed the above-given methods and have fixed this Prime Video Error Code 5004 issue on your Android devices. Also, keep in touch As we bring the latest updates of the App. We hope that you get the Amazon Prime Video Error Code issue is fixed following this guide.
If you still have any questions, you can simply comment below.